Electronic Lab Notebook
Make a Request
Create an Electronic Lab Notebook account:
Columbia University has an enterprise license with LabArchives for both the Professional Edition and Classroom Edition of their electronic notebook solution. You can create an account by:
Visit www.labarchives.com, select Sign In, then select Columbia University from the participating institution drop list.
Your Columbia University UNI and password should be used as your login credentials.
Please note, there is no charge for this service. This is jointly funded by CUIT and the Libraries.
For more information on electronic lab notebooks, please visit labnotebooks.columbia.edu. Training as well as technical support are provided directly by LabArchives at www.labarchives.com.
Electronic lab notebooks are designed to replace paper notebooks and lab manuals to support research staff productivity and efficiency, and securely protect lab research with full backups and audit trails. Because it is a cloud-based solution, Electronic Lab Notebooks enables 24/7 collaboration and sharing of content, from any device with a web browser.
Electronic lab notebooks also support funding agencies’ Data Management Plan requirements, manage team progress remotely, and interconnect all your lab data and image files to your observations and notes.
- Works on all platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- Includes free mobile app for tablets/phones (IOS/Android)
- No hardware or software to install, maintain or upgrade
- All data is stored with multiple redundancy
- Search and find documents and data easily
- Integrate uploaded with data produced by lab hardware and software
- Free accounts
Classroom Edition: In addition to all of the features of the Professional Edition of the Electronic Lab Notebook, the Classroom Edition enables you to:
- Easily manage and distribute all existing course materials to save time and reduce the logistical burden.
- Monitor each student's lab work in real-time, 24/7 and provide feedback from the teacher's account.
- Increase student completion rate for lab courses through early detection of inactivity and/or lack of understanding.
- Enhance the educational experience and improve the quality of student documentation, all while providing an ePortfolio at the conclusion of the lab course.
- Speed up the review, grading, and commenting processes and allows for real-time review of work.